January 8, 2008

Start

Another new year, another new semester. New classes to teach and new students whose names I have to learn. This bunch looks so-so. I haven't given up on them yet. There was a no-show but it was followed with a quick email lamenting some contagious disease. All in all a good first day. No blood, no broken glass, and no health and safety forms to fill out.

I'm going to try to make a better effort for regular posts. Things have been slow lately, and without pictures or some other medium to express my thoughts this blog can get very tedious to read I'm sure.

Prof. Heller has been in kind of a sour mood lately, which prevents retelling stories of his humorous anecdotes. He did happen into the lab during a conversation about biathlons. "The Finns are great at that. They had a lot of practice shooting Russians."

I've been browsing Ebay for a digital camera that I can keep in the lab on a somewhat permanent basis, to aide pictures for the blog. Hopefully that will come to fruition. Until then...

No comments: